Thursday, September 16, 2010

Outlook error 550/Administrative prohibition fix.


MS Outlook sometimes comes up with a error 550, Administrative prohibition, or 0x800CCC69 error message.  It has to do with proper authentication.  The solution is to authenticate before sending your emails. Just check the box as seen in the picture below.

Believe it or not you can actually send email without logging into the server first. That is a bad idea, so this box says that you must log into the server first.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Several weeks ago I ran into trouble, which brought me to use all possible facilities for solving it. I could find out one software, which surprised me and proved that it would be helpful in this situation just like mine - how to read an ost file.

Unknown said...

All of that is checked on my end, I have checked mail server ports and everything and seems like issue is still occurring.