Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Peavey PV20 USB 20 Channel Mixing Console repair

Recently I needed to fix a Peavey PV20 USB 20 Channel Mixing Console.  The main volume sliders had worn out.  It took a while of searching but I found the needed parts.  They are Panasonic 10K ohm 60 mm slide potentiometers.

To get inside you have to remove the security screws and the screws that hold the power supply to the bottom cover.  Then you have to remove the knobs, nuts and screws to remove the main board.  There is one screw hidden under the reverb board.

The new sliders were a little shorter than the old ones so I had to mount them above the board as can be seen in the following picture:

Then there was another problem.  The new controls did not work at all!  They are stereo controls and the old ones were mono controls.  So there needs to be two jumpers installed on the bottom of the mixer to make it work.  Those jumpers are shown in the following drawing:


Here is a picture of the jumpers on the back side of the main board.





12 comments:

Unknown said...

Need Help for solve your problems? call at Gmail Help Phone Number UK, technical staff member will assist you.

Unknown said...

Call Peavey Parts at (800) 752-7896 and they will sell you the correct fit part and in most cases cheaper than anyone else. I've bought several of these from them over the past few years for repairs and they sell an updated version of that slider. If Im not mistaken the last ones I bought were less than $3.

Unknown said...

I really need for my PV20. After a sudden a power interruption and came again within few seconds without having the mixer unplugged from the power source, it did not function again and it was dead, no light whatsoever. I had the power supply fixed with a local technician but after fixing the power supply board, all led lamp of the mixer went on blinking. What is the possible solution, can I replace the power circuit board?

Unknown said...

I really need for my PV20. After a sudden a power interruption and came again within few seconds without having the mixer unplugged from the power source, it did not function again and it was dead, no light whatsoever. I had the power supply fixed with a local technician but after fixing the power supply board, all led lamp of the mixer went on blinking. What is the possible solution, can I replace the power circuit board?

Bob Davis said...

Sorry I cannot help you. Try contacting Peavey.

Anonymous said...

Cuáles son los valores de las siguientes resistencias de Pv20 USB R230. R471. R229

Unknown said...

Je de problem avec lalimentation saute a check fois

Unknown said...

Hi I Am from Philippines.. Hello Mr Bob.. I would to know what is the procedure in paying the parts you buy since they don't have an interactive webpage wherein you can select the item and pay through credit card. I hope you can give an overview since you already bought parts from them.

Thanks and Best Regards
Ronald

Bob Davis said...

I bought the parts on eBay.

Unknown said...

I need a power supply board for PV20

Anonymous said...

Tengo problema con 2 canales que no m sacan audio m lo saca muy bajito necesito k m puedan apoyar....

Anonymous said...

Tengo problema con 2 canales que no m sacan audio m lo saca muy bajito necesito k m puedan apoyar....